Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm stoked!

Options
Just placed my order for a Stoker Wifi controller for my Large BGE.  I was debating between the CyberQ Wifi and the Stoker Wifi and finally settled on the Stoker simply because I liked the software better and ultimately I might add a 2nd pit at some point (2 Eggs are better than 1, or so I hear).

I should get to use it for a brisket I'm cooking for my company's thanksgiving lunch in 10 days.  Now if I can just find a good Choice (or maybe even Prime) packer for a reasonable price in the north Dallas area.

Comments

• Ltskinwonder
    Options
    Love the picture of the dog. We have a four year old Swissy.  
  • New2Q
    New2Q Posts: 171
    Options
    My Swissy will be 11 in 3 months.  He just recently started slowing down and I can tell that there are times when his hips bother him (his OFAs showed mild dysplasia) but he stills jumps up onto the bed on occasion.  But whenever I get the leash out he bounces around like he's still a puppy. :)
  • trout1
    trout1 Posts: 104
    Options
    That is my problem. I'm trying to decide between those two. I could get by with Digiq 2.
  • New2Q
    Options
    trout1, I really believe you can't go wrong with either of them.  I also thought about just getting a DigiQ2 but I really like the ability to monitor the cook from my computer (at home) or my iPhone when I'm away from the house.
  • MagnoliaBBQ
    Options
    Purchased the Stoker Wifi back in the summer. I also own the DigiQII (not the CyberQ version).  I like both of them. I was a little irked because the Stoker Wifi does not work with my wireless router (found out that I am not the only one).  However, I bought a Wifi bridge and all is now fine now (except for the additional expense)--apparently Wifi bridge manufacturers have figured out how to make their devices universally compatible.  Although the wireless control is amazing, the feature I like most about the Stoker is the draft control on the blower--no guessing about a static draft setting--sort of an annoying feature of the Guru line. 
  • New2Q
    Options
    ...the feature I like most about the Stoker is the draft control on the blower--no guessing about a static draft setting--sort of an annoying feature of the Guru line. 
    Yeah, that little trap-door that only allows air to flow through the blower when the blower is on seems like a really good idea on the Stoker.  Still, manually adjusting the slider on the Gurus doesn't seem like it's too big of a deal.

To me the real advantage that the Stoker has (apart the ability to control a 2nd blower/pit which, admittedly, doesn't matter for most) was the software written for the Stoker.  Stokerlog (for Windows) or StokerX (for Mac) seem like really nice programs for setting up, controlling, and monitoring your cook.