Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini goes Camping...(lots of pix)

The wife and I went camping over the weekend at Devil's Fork State Park.  Lake Jocassee is one of our favorite spots in SC.  We usually get a cabin, but this year I convinced my wife to rough it out with me in a tent.  We had a blast!  The weather was amazing, and the leaves were nice and colorful.  We ended up hiking the two trails in the state park on Saturday and soaking in the scenery.  The rest of the time we ended up just chilling out next to the campfire and egging up a few meals on the mini. 

My wife and I had to drive separately, so I ended up setting up camp and starting dinner on my own.  Threw on some Baked Potatoes first, then kept those warm around the campfire while I waited on my wife to arrive.

Once my wife got close, I threw on the sirloins.

We didn't have any large paper plates in our pantry, but decided to use some small ones leftover from the eggtoberfest.  LOL  We had to eat the steak, then the potato.  :) 

After dinner, we chilled out by the fire for the rest of the night.

Then the next morning, decided to grill up an Andouille link along with some Beanie Weenies.  :)  Forgot to pack something to heat the beans in, so I used a soda can.  The inside of the bean can was lined, so I figured the soda can was the better option.  Probably still bad for me though.  I dunno.  I'm still living.  :D

After breakfast, we went hiking.  It was freakin' gorgeous! 

I absolutely love this time of year.

After getting nice and exhausted, we went back to our campsite for lunch.  Threw on some Country Style Ribs and some Green Beans.

Again with our tiny plates.  :)

Then for dinner, we grilled up some simple burgers, along with more green beans.

Then finished the evening off with our last campfire of the weekend. 

Comments