Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pecan Lodge

I am going to be in Ft. Worth in a couple of weeks to visit my daughter at TCU and I have convinced her to come wait in line with me on a Sunday for some lunch at Pecan Lodge in Dallas. It's been on my BBQ bucket list. Any tips or suggestions for those that have been.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• Definitely get the beef rib. It is very expensive, but well worth the cost. Also, the "fatty brisket" and pork ribs. In other words, get some of everything, but especially the beef rib. You will not be disappointed. Please report back!
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    On Sundays they have burnt ends also and they are damn good. Try to be there at 11 or before because they do run out.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• TUTTLE871 said:
    On Sundays they have burnt ends also and they are damn good. Try to be there at 11 or before because they do run out.
    Good advice. I usually show up a little before 11 during the week and the line has already started.
  • Thanks guys. I was thinking 11 am so sounds like that will work. Now I have to decide what to order.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • So this weekend was going to be my visit to Pecan Lodge. I got my daughter of bed and we headed over to the Dallas Farmers Market. We got there about 10:45 and not too crowded so feeling good. I find their spot and am greeted by a sign that they are closed and at the TMBBQ cook off in Austin. So sad. We ended up going over to Lockhart's Smokehouse and it was outstanding so worked out. Pecan Lodge will be next time.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Well that is a bummer. How was Lockhart's? Still haven't managed to make it there.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Wow that's like the Griswolds going too Wally World and being closed.

I have still yet to try Lockharts.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• The Griswolds, BBQ style. "Sorry folks, the BBQ is closed. The cow up front should have told you." Lockhart's was outstanding. I am still on the road but will post some pics when I get home. Or you can search for buckeyebob86 on Instagram for a pic. We had both the lean and moist brisket along with the jalapeño cheddar sausages. It was all great along with the sides of Deviled Eggs and the cole slaw. Cool area of Dallas also. I would definitely go back.
    Clarendon Hills, IL