Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spicy Peach Glazed Wings for a Late Lunch

Did a few chicken wings as a late lunch for SWMBO and I today. I cooked the wings at 350 indirect with a chunk of cherry wood for smoke and glazed the wings with a simple sweet n' spicy sauce made from peach preserves and tabasco (recipe to follow). SWMBO and I both thought they turned out great!

Here they are on the Egg finishing up and sauced:

Plated:

Served with my favorite dip for wings:

The sauce is really easy to make. Only thing I might like is a bit more heat, so I may kick it up with some chili flakes next time. Here is the recipe (credit to The Neely's from the food network):

Sweet n' Spicy Peach Wing Sauce:
1/2 stick butter (I went with unsalted)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup peach preserves
1/4 cup tabasco
1 Tbsp soy sauce

Procedure: Saute garlic in butter until fragrant, then add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for about 7 minutes, or until darkened/thickened a bit.

Overall, these turned out well. I don't normally sauce wings on the Egg, but wanted to try it out today. I was hoping for them to be a little bit more tacky, any suggestions? I sauced the last 10 minutes of the cook.

Thanks for reading!
- Proud owner of a Large BGE
- Norman, OK

Comments