Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spicy Peach Glazed Wings for a Late Lunch

Did a few chicken wings as a late lunch for SWMBO and I today. I cooked the wings at 350 indirect with a chunk of cherry wood for smoke and glazed the wings with a simple sweet n' spicy sauce made from peach preserves and tabasco (recipe to follow). SWMBO and I both thought they turned out great!

Here they are on the Egg finishing up and sauced:

Plated:

Served with my favorite dip for wings:

The sauce is really easy to make. Only thing I might like is a bit more heat, so I may kick it up with some chili flakes next time. Here is the recipe (credit to The Neely's from the food network):

Sweet n' Spicy Peach Wing Sauce:
1/2 stick butter (I went with unsalted)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup peach preserves
1/4 cup tabasco
1 Tbsp soy sauce

Procedure: Saute garlic in butter until fragrant, then add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for about 7 minutes, or until darkened/thickened a bit.

Overall, these turned out well. I don't normally sauce wings on the Egg, but wanted to try it out today. I was hoping for them to be a little bit more tacky, any suggestions? I sauced the last 10 minutes of the cook.

Thanks for reading!
- Proud owner of a Large BGE
- Norman, OK
·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Nicely done. I love sweet heat flavors, so i might steal this one.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·