Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pandora?

CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
Who else uses pandora? Do you like it?

I recently found a way to use it here in Canada but have mixed feeling on it.One surprise is that if you want to hear a certain song you can't but rather only hear music similar to that song.Any tips on using pandoro to hear what you want or are there better offerings out there?

Guess it gets better as it learns your style of music?

Thanks

Jamie.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
·

Comments

• Seanr7Seanr7 Posts: 207
    My tip on pandora is to use Apple's iRadio, it's much better.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,975
    I use Pandora at work and at home with a Sonos system. I love it. Some stations will play more of the artist you selected and less of artists it thinks you will like. You do have to train it a bit by liking and unliking tracks as they play. If you let it play for a couple of hours without letting it know what you like, it does start picking some very random tracks to play. Overall, I think it works well for my use. Plus its free.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Spotify is another option.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Seanr7 said:
    Iradio how does that work? Similar to pandora and is it free too?

·
  • Seanr7Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Seanr7 said:
    Iradio how does that work? Similar to pandora and is it free too?

Exactly, and their music library is larger.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • My Pandora is my life savings on my wife's wrist :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • In my opinion MOG is Much much better. Streams at 320kbps as well
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2013
    Pandora - careful with the thumbs ups and ESPECIALLY with the thumbs downs. You can dial yourself right out of the mix pretty quickly.

That being said I am a subscriber and love it.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • I like Slacker...I have a cheap subscription so no commercials
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • ProserProser Posts: 183
    edited November 2013
    +1. for MOG New music Tuesday allows you to listen to all the new albums
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, and a Mini Max
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,935
    Been using Pandora One for about a year now. Like it; especially the no commerials and increased skips allowed. I do like how the thumbs help to tune the mix.
    ·
  • +1 on Pandora, recently hooked up some outside speakers, egging to Pandora right now. Arctic monkeys mix. :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • you pandora guys need to check out MOG, especially if you have nice equipment; you really can discern between the different streaming rates. 
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,500
    I listen to slacker radio. Close to pandora but has some real people making stations not just computers. I wish fm wasn't going away. But I hate commercials.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    I'd go with Spotify. It's library is 20 times larger than Pandora and it allows you to search for specific albums, artists, or songs. You can download playlists for offline listening. Commercial free. It is more expensive than Pandora(10 bucks/month) but the fact that you can basically use it like a digital music player as well as an online radio makes it worth it for me.
    ·
  • I absolutely love Spotify.  It's better than Pandora.  I can listen to any track anytime I want.  Not just genres.  I use the offline playlist alot.  It does suggest music for me but doesn't force you to listen.
    ·
    Just tried spotify and must say so far it's awesome ! Better than pandora in my opinion;)

·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,500
    I just signed up too. I listen all day so well see how this goes.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Grooveshark is so much better than Pandora. Free, and commercial free, plus you can choose your music or listen to genres or broadcasts
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • A2ZA2Z Posts: 99
    @Canman1976  How did you get Pandora to work in canada?  Have a friend here from Alberta and his dies at the border.  Thanks

·
    edited November 2013
    Google media hint so simple and it works:)

I'd go with spotify though.You'll need media hint first for that to.

·
  • I use Pandora One. I do not like Apples radio. Nor doI like Slacker. Never used MOG.
    I want to use Spotify. It is more than twice as much per month but since I clock in about 12 hours a day on average streaming it is not a bad deal. Main reason why I have not switched is I have almost 50 station on Pandora. Most are 3-4 years old, some older. I really have them dialed in a hundreds of songs thumbs up. 
    Pandora also has an app built into my smart TV. I stream pandora through it, my iphone, my browser on laptop, son's ipad, etc. It is availible everywhere. 
    Boom
    ·