Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

3-2-1 Method for Ribs good on the Green Egg?

Very simple question for those of you who have tried this before or use it. I love using the 3-2-1- method for spare ribs on my side fire-box smoker. But, now that I bought the egg, I have yet to cook ribs. I am curious if the 3-2-1 method works well on the egg or if it maybe makes the ribs too soft or even mushy? The reason I'm wanting to know is because I smoked a boston butt for pulled pork a couple weeks back for a good while and used the foil "texas crutch" to help speed along the stall when it got there. While the pork was good and everyone said they really liked it, I personally felt it was somewhat mushy. After cruising the forums for that issue it seemed I wasn't alone and lots of guys blamed the additives to some major grocery store-bought cuts of meats. So the question is, do you use the 3-2-1- method on the egg for spare ribs (not a huge fan of loin back ribs after I tried spare ribs) and does it consistently turn out good, tender ribs or are they "too" tender and mushy? Also, I usually prefer to trim them into St. Louis style, remove the membrane then add a dry rub, applying some sauce the last 20 minutes of cook. Thanks.

Comments