Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs.

Options
2»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited November 2013
    Options
    129 scares me a little.  All of the time/temperature charts I've seen have a lowest temperature for beef at 134.  I sous vide'd a roast once for 3 days, and when I took it out, the smell was incredible awful.  It turned me off of sous vide for a year or so.  I still don't know for sure what it was, but it was something very foul.  I suspect the temp was too low.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    VI, did the foul odor happen to coincide with @Mickey showing up for dinner?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    VI, did the foul odor happen to coincide with @Mickey showing up for dinner?
    BINGO ! Problem solved !!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    The coffee rub is the shiznit. I added extra cayenne to mine.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    Well I've served myself quite liberally this afternoon but I don't see any pictures of this cook at all.
    Maybe my subscription ran out?
    Nowhere Indiana
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    Wow, I'm worried about the temp now. I got this off the internet. Anyone else tried cooking ribs for 3 days at that temp?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario