Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Ribs.

2»

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited November 2013
    129 scares me a little.  All of the time/temperature charts I've seen have a lowest temperature for beef at 134.  I sous vide'd a roast once for 3 days, and when I took it out, the smell was incredible awful.  It turned me off of sous vide for a year or so.  I still don't know for sure what it was, but it was something very foul.  I suspect the temp was too low.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,114
    VI, did the foul odor happen to coincide with @Mickey showing up for dinner?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    VI, did the foul odor happen to coincide with @Mickey showing up for dinner?
    BINGO ! Problem solved !!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,633
    The coffee rub is the shiznit. I added extra cayenne to mine.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Well I've served myself quite liberally this afternoon but I don't see any pictures of this cook at all.
    Maybe my subscription ran out?
    Nowhere Indiana
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 445
    Wow, I'm worried about the temp now. I got this off the internet. Anyone else tried cooking ribs for 3 days at that temp?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario