Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anything different about Spatching a Turkey?

CP92CP92 Posts: 200
edited November 2013 in Poultry
There shouldn't be should there?  I just bought a breast and trimmed it up (cut the backbone and ribs off).  I hit the breast bone, but can't get the thing to pop.  Am I just not cutting deeper enough there?
Chris
LBGE
Laurel, MD
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,421
    Correct. Same way for me on both. 400 raised direct and skin side up. I like11/12 lbs and about 80 min cook
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I cut deep around the keel bone so much you'd think it would come out. Then flip it and press down to break the ribs.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    Appreciate it fellas.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·