Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SUCKLING PIG

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    Looks like you nailed it. =D>

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    @Charlesmaneri-most eggcellent cook and documentation.  When the enjoyment settles, could you share the directions/recipe that led you to this "promised land"?  If nothing else I want to use the "face factor" for an extended trip to the couch...and beyond!  I just never learn!
    Louisville
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,787
    Great results, makes the journey worth it. Actually in this case the journey was probably worth it by itself.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • The only thing I can say is that was the best pork I have ever eaten the meat was almost sweet the texture was wonderful I will with out doubt be doing this again it was even better then I could have imagined
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @lousubcap I seasoned the cavity with salt, pepper& garlic powder seasoned the outside with bad byrons but rub let the pig cool out in the fridge over night lit the egg with apple wood started yhe cook at 300 degrees for like 1/2 hour to some what sear it then kicked back to 225 degrees and kept it their until the meat temp was 170 degrees then FTC FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 hours if you need anymore info just ask
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    Awesome job. Thanks for posting!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • Well Done!!!!  ^:)^

Was it difficult to carve?  Our old church hired a guy to cook a hole hog in his stick burner in the parking lot.  It was a pulled pork party! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • @Fred19flintstone I didn't carve it I cut it up almost like a chicken
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Thanks for sharing this. It was a lot of fun to watch your progress and a lot of great info. That slab of swine looks soo good buddy.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    edited November 2013
    Love this cook. did you measure the meat temp in the ham or somewhere else? Any injection?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • No injection and yes in the ham
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524

OMG, that looks awesome.

Really, this is probably a cook for a guys get together. I am sure I will not be allowed to bring that into the kitchen, before or after its done.

:(

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • I wish you could put a rotisserie on the Egg (you can't, can you?)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Love it, Charles!!  =D>
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 395
    Did the ladies wolf some down?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
    ·
  • You should make this an announcement :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • @GlennM in answer to you question did the Ladies wolf down some NO NO and NO the way I see it it's their loss 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    You went 170...did the pork pull?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    @Charlesmaneri-thanks for the info-I'm good with that and now I just need to "step up to the plate".  Continue to enjoy-
    Louisville
    ·
  • @henapple I dont really know I basically just cut it up like a chicken I ate the left han & rack of ribs I would think that it would have pulled
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    Just wondering.... I want to do one.
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Just wondering.... I want to do one.

I know you'd like to do one, but would you like to cook one?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    I've done them.. Might as well cook one.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    Deliverance

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • I have to say this was my most enjoyable cook I really had fun cooking and posting this cook im glad all you guys also enjoyed it
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Beautiful pig and wonderful post.  Thanks for taking us with you for this cook. =D> =D>
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 395
    I enjoyed it as well. Shame the ladies wouldn't dive in. Should of made them some tofu I guess?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
    ·
  • @GlennM the funny thing is the Ladies eat pork when I make Butt they eat it like it's going out of style ,I guess it has something to do with it being so cute or the fact that it was a baby really not sure anyway it was their loss 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    People don't seem to like knowing where their food comes from and what it looks like in it's original form. I think everyone should slaughter, cook and eat an animal at least once in their lifetime.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·