Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SUCKLING PIG

Comments

• HoovHoov Posts: 258
    That looks awesome! Looks like it fit well on the large too.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
    ·
  • @Fred19Flintstone i have the same problem but I did it anyway swmbo will have to get over it
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @Hoov when I ordered the pig I told the farmer that the pig had to be no bigger them 17 inches long because the inside diameter of the LBGE is 18 inches
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • The Pig is in a stall as we speak it's stuck at 163 degrees now for about a hour and a half
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • As far as details go I seasoned with salt &pepper & garlic powder in the cavity and Bad byrons butt on the outside started the cook at 300 for 1/2 hour then kicked down to 225 with Apple wood smoke
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    Very cool. Hope it turns out well. I've got to try this!
    - Norman, OK
    ·
  • Here it is with a internal temp of 163 image
    image.jpg 2.5M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,970
    This moves to the top of my "things to egg" list. I thought you had an XL intially, but if you did this on a large, I'm doing it. Now have to find a piggy that's 17" from snoot to butt.

Ride, piggy, ride!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • All I can say is the smell is killing me
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • The funny thing is in the stall it is dropping temp it was at 163 now it's at 160
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I've egged butts that dropped temp quite a bit while in the stall.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • @shtgunal3 yeah so have i but I didn't think that a tiny pig would go into stall mode I expect it on a butt but just surprised with a suckling
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Pig updateimage
    image.jpg 2.2M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looking good

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,812
    That looks great. Here's the one I did July 4th. Not on an egg though. It had a long stall as well.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    Me so hawny...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • @henapple I hear you brother
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,970
    Where do you live? I can start driving in about 10mins. That piggy is calling my name.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,918
    That looks fantastic!!! How many people are you planning on feeding with that size pig? I'm sure your neighbors must be drooling as well :)
    ·
  • @hapster not sure most likely4or 5 not sure if my daughter or swmbo will eat it
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @caliking I live on Long Island N.Y. Start driving
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,446
    caliking said:
    Where do you live? I can start driving in about 10mins. That piggy is calling my name.
    Can I ride with you?

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Very nice, What time do we all come over for dinner?
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Well I'm thinking in about a hour I will be plating
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    My biggest fear is that the ladies won't eat one.... Oh well, more for the guys.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,435
    edited November 2013

As with many things and SWMBO's-just tell them to close their eyes and it will taste GREAT :)  

And if you buy that, then I have bridge to sell

:)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • Here it is done now I have to FTC for a hour image
    image.jpg 1.9M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    Ah, that looks amazing! Enjoy!
    - Norman, OK
    ·
  • were about 10 min away from serving up the Swine !!!!!I I will post photos of the finished meat 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Here is the finished meatimage
    image.jpg 1.9M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·