Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday afternoon cook...turkey breast

Started with a 5.5lbs. bone in turkey breast, that I brined overnight for 15hrs. Then drained the brine and places it on a rack in the fridge for 4hrs. The egg was stabilized at 350F dome temp. It took 2hrs +\- to reach 160F internal temp. It was awesome!!
image.jpg 1.8M

• JackhJackh Posts: 105
    Very nice
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks awesome! I have a boneless one in the freezer that I need to cook.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,235
    Looks super juicy. Did you rinse the brine off before drying in the fridge? What brine recipe did you use please?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    @caliking, I did not rinse off the brine before placing it in the fridge. I used Turkey Bath Brine 32 FL OZ's(Classic Holiday with Apple, Rosemary, and Sage) it is made in Austin,TX. , I purchased it from the whole foods on Bellaire. The brine says it's concentrate and can be mixed with a gallon of water. I did not mix any extra liquids with the brine, I just poured right on the turkey.
    image.jpg 1.4M
  • Looks great. I'm getting ready to do a test turkey before thanksgiving and Reading discussions like this is really helping me prepare. Thanks guys!
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Cherry wood for smoke or no added wood? Color looks great!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • HoovHoov Posts: 259
    Looks really juicy! Nice color too. What seasonings did you go with?
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
    @rleeper, I used pecan for the flavor and smoke.

@hoov, I just added kosher salt, pepper, garlic power. The brine gave it amazing flavor.
  • 350 indirect or raised direct?

• @Dfishel thanks.