Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken recommendations ?

Have a chicken to cook tonight and I am looking for some inspiration. Thanks
Toronto

Comments

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Spatch? Cut the back out raise the grill to the felt line 350, season your bird skin side up let it go till it's done, or indirect place a pan of vegetables under your bird with a gap between the bottom of the pan and the platesetter. The drippings bast the vegetables and they get real yummy.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    sounds like a good plan !! thanks
    Toronto
  • Try standing it up on a beer can stand minus the can of beer. Rubbed down with a mild all-seasoning. Cook around 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. Temp in the breast about 180 I think. Melts in your mouth.
    i am torn between the spatchock and the beer can ( minus the beer can ) .
    if only i had 2 chickens
    Toronto
  • We routinely do multiple chickens on the grill, "you-know-who" likes the garlic herb, i like the jamaican rub or just a generic all-season. Plenty of room on there for more than one, and you're gonna need it.
  • Spatch all the way.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

i think i am going with the beer can ( sans beer can ) as i just got a chicken roaster .

next time i will spatch

Toronto
  • brine it.......you will never go back