Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken recommendations ?

Have a chicken to cook tonight and I am looking for some inspiration. Thanks
Toronto
·

Comments

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Spatch? Cut the back out raise the grill to the felt line 350, season your bird skin side up let it go till it's done, or indirect place a pan of vegetables under your bird with a gap between the bottom of the pan and the platesetter. The drippings bast the vegetables and they get real yummy.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    sounds like a good plan !! thanks
    Toronto
    ·
  • Try standing it up on a beer can stand minus the can of beer. Rubbed down with a mild all-seasoning. Cook around 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. Temp in the breast about 180 I think. Melts in your mouth.
    ·
    i am torn between the spatchock and the beer can ( minus the beer can ) .
    if only i had 2 chickens
    Toronto
    ·
  • We routinely do multiple chickens on the grill, "you-know-who" likes the garlic herb, i like the jamaican rub or just a generic all-season. Plenty of room on there for more than one, and you're gonna need it.
    ·
  • Spatch all the way.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
    i think i am going with the beer can ( sans beer can ) as i just got a chicken roaster .

next time i will spatch

Toronto
    ·
  • brine it.......you will never go back

·