Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small ash tool mod

calikingcaliking Posts: 6,585
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
Here ya go, @shtgunal3. This is a "small" mod :)

The small ash tool is a bit of a pain to work with because it catches on the edge of the small egg's intake when you try to remove ash with it.

I filed down the lower edge of the tool's blade to round it out. I also rounded off the the lower corner of the blade. Then smoothed the edge of the blade where it attaches to the rod of the handle, so that it was just flush with the rod.

Works much better than it did before, for relatively little effort expended. Was so quick that I didn't even have time for a beverage. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
·

Comments

• Looks good
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,915
    @caliking-Staging the beverage needs to go to the top of the prerequisite list before any new BGE projects :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Well damn, that makes sense and is simple too. Thanks

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Great idea! 
    ·
  • Nice!  Even I could do that!
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,037
    Thank you!!!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,585
    You're welcome :) I've used this a number of times now and it works MUCH better than it used too.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    You've got a small ash tool...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,585
    You're a big tool.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,038
    edited February 2014
    Mini ash tool and large ash tool. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Great idea Mickey, I might just have something like that hanging around the garage, just need a welder, ah crap.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,038
    Great idea Mickey, I might just have something like that hanging around the garage, just need a welder, ah crap.

When you run a car dealership all that is at hand. Come Friday it's all gone.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·