Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Center cut brisket

Saw one while picking up my pork belly... Small but looked like part of the point. Any insight. Looked better than a flat.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• stop being a wuss and cook a packer. would need pics to tell you what it is. never heard of a center cut brisket. Sounds more expensive than regular brisket ;)

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,672
    It's very small.. 3 lbs. The texture looks like a packer. Thought it would be a nice, quick meal. I'm still not good at packers... Or flats.
  • henapple said:
    It's very small.. 3 lbs. The texture looks like a packer. Thought it would be a nice, quick meal. I'm still not good at packers... Or flats.
    Have you tried boiling them? I hear it works great. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    I hate your face...
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,152
    I'm with the other TXans - just cook it already. How badly could you fark it up? You could always make chili or brisket spaghetti sauce with it.

But if you put beans in the chili, we don't know you.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple said:

well.....you won't get any better by not cooking them. stop looking at these little POS cuts of meat and get something big. you have no chance of cooking better with smaller, non conforming cuts of brisket. that sh*t is for newbs and people who don't know what they are doing (or people who do know what they are doing when making corned beef or pastrami- not bbq)

Mmmm.... Ruben. Might look into that.
  • henapple said:

you have the pink salt you need...........let me know if you need the recipe. it's awesome

• Burma!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

henapple said:

you have the pink salt you need...........let me know if you need the recipe. it's awesome

Let's go.... Love Reubens.