Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finished Brisket 14 Hours...Picture

Options
After 14 hours finished...started at 215 degrees for about 4 hours then raised to 230 and finished at 250 the last 4 hours......Thermapen went in like butter....I will now wrap and put in my pizza bag to rest for 3 hours......I would not be able to control my temps like this without my Stoker...love my Stoker

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll take some of that!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Yumm! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Socalcajudo
    Options
    Great looking bark. Delicious looking too.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks great- post some pics when you slice it
    Greensboro, NC
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I assume by "pizza bag" you're referring to the insulated type bag that the pizza and take-out delivery drivers use?

What are the advantages, if any, to using that over a cooler?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Foil, towel, cooler, why use something else?
    XL BGE
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    what did you use to season?
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • thailandjohn
    Options
    My Briskets, I wrap in Butcher paper, I have been doing this for years....learned this on one of my Texas trips about 25 years ago......pizza bags work great for Briskets. I have two sizes, the large bag will hold two 15lb packer Briskets, small bag holds one. I also use the bags for ribs. I heat an aluminum cookie sheet in the oven and put the meat on the pan then into the bag. Meat stays hot for hours. For Pork Butts, I use different size coolers, depending on how many Butts. I also have a Cambro box I use from time to time...........for Brisket Rub, I use Montreal Steak Seasoning with a little Chili Powder
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options

My Briskets, I wrap in Butcher paper, I have been doing this for years....learned this on one of my Texas trips about 25 years ago......pizza bags work great for Briskets. I have two sizes, the large bag will hold two 15lb packer Briskets, small bag holds one. I also use the bags for ribs. I heat an aluminum cookie sheet in the oven and put the meat on the pan then into the bag. Meat stays hot for hours. For Pork Butts, I use different size coolers, depending on how many Butts. I also have a Cambro box I use from time to time...........for Brisket Rub, I use Montreal Steak Seasoning with a little Chili Powder

Never thought of using a Pizza bag John but I'd have to wonder how easy they'd be to find in Canada.

I was thinking about buying some butcher's paper I notice it's not a common item in most stores.

2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I know they sell pizza bags at restaurant supply stores. Our restaurant depot here also sells them along with the business Costco..... If you have an independent butcher shop ask them where they get their butcher paper. I buy mine at smart and final. The brisket wrapped in butcher paper seems like they do not steam as much, and I like that.
  • ChuckChampion
    Options
    Looks delicious bud.