Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken recommendations ?

Have a chicken to cook tonight and I am looking for some inspiration. Thanks

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Spatch? Cut the back out raise the grill to the felt line 350, season your bird skin side up let it go till it's done, or indirect place a pan of vegetables under your bird with a gap between the bottom of the pan and the platesetter. The drippings bast the vegetables and they get real yummy.
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    sounds like a good plan !! thanks
  • Try standing it up on a beer can stand minus the can of beer. Rubbed down with a mild all-seasoning. Cook around 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. Temp in the breast about 180 I think. Melts in your mouth.
    i am torn between the spatchock and the beer can ( minus the beer can ) .
    if only i had 2 chickens
  • We routinely do multiple chickens on the grill, "you-know-who" likes the garlic herb, i like the jamaican rub or just a generic all-season. Plenty of room on there for more than one, and you're gonna need it.
  • Spatch all the way.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

i think i am going with the beer can ( sans beer can ) as i just got a chicken roaster .

next time i will spatch

• brine will never go back