Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Funny stuff happening

I have noticed over the last day or two that many of the threads are no longer highlighted with the number of new posts. Today, I say this "Announcement" button. Anybody experiencing this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• yes I saw it as well didn't understand what it was about 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Did a little investigating and it seems the the "Announcement" tag keeps a post at the top of the list. I assume it's meant to be used by a forum admin type to post, tada, an announcement.

@Canman1976, how'd you do it man?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I think it's the moderators. I'm still getting the highlights with the new posts but not much happening today. Travel day for two fests.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I'm still not seeing the "New" notification on most of the threads. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Someone mentioned on another thread that, if you hit the "gear" on the upper-right of the "Announcement" post that it becomes un-pinned and gradually sinks.  I've done that (the "announcement" box is still on the thread, though) but I am seeing the "New" notifications since doing that.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• @Botch, I clicked the "gear" on the announcement and had the option to dismiss it, which I did.

Thanks!

I still do not see the "New" notification on the majority of the threads.,. still not sure why that's happening.
    edited November 2013
    I think it's the moderators. I'm still getting the highlights with the new posts but not much happening today. Travel day for two fests.
    Hey Steven, I'm using you as a guinea pig.  Do you normally get email notification when people type in @Little Steven in a post? I suspect you don't.

You get notified only if someone Quoted you, no?
    canuckland
  • I think it's the moderators. I'm still getting the highlights with the new posts but not much happening today. Travel day for two fests.
    Hey Steven, I'm using you as a guinea pig.  Do you normally get email notification when people type in @Little Steven in a post? I suspect you don't.

@Canugghead, I don't get notifications when someone quotes me, do you?
    I do.  Go to Edit Profile and check your Notification Preferences.
    canuckland
  • Gary,

Here's how my notification settings are set. I do not get notified when I am quoted.

Little Steven - also works if you have spaces, btw..

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @TexanOfTheNorth - check the box for "notify me when people mention me" and that should fix it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I have also wondered if folks who have a space in their handle get notified when mentioned in a thread (besides quoting them). 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • @caliking - I'll give it a try but, I have 'Notify me when people comment on my discussions' marked the same way as 'Notify me when people mention me'. I do get notifications in the first case but not the second.
    @TexanOfTheNorth, what @Caliking said should take care of the 'second' case, when people mention you even in other people's discussions.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    btw, looks like moderator is more interested in sticky Announcement than waste time helping/educating members on issues like this  :D
    canuckland
  • I think it's the moderators. I'm still getting the highlights with the new posts but not much happening today. Travel day for two fests.

Nobody types @Little Steven cause they talk about me when I'm not here all bad. Nobody quotes me either cause I don't really say anything worthy of quoting. So the answer to both would be no.

Steve 

Caledon, ON