Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribeye Roast

First post, decided to wait for something worthy of posting.  4.5# bone-in ribeye roast, rubbed with Mickey's coffee rub.  Cooked at 275 until 115 then cranked up the large BGE to nuclear for a final sear.  Final temp after rest was right around 135.  Delicious!

imageimageimage
Rubbed.jpg 63.7K
Roasting.jpg 63.6K
Sliced.jpg 60.1K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Nice... Everything is worth posting. That's really good looking beef.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    Awful purdy
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,403
    Great job! The bar is set very high now.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,491
    Nice! Welcome aboard.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    That's a great looking hunk of meat... What did you serve for sides?

Nice first post; including the pictures... Good luck following that one up ;) we ain't going to happy seeing a plate of buttered toast :))
    ·
  • Love ribeye roast.  Yours looks great.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • crf158crf158 Posts: 12
    hapster said:
    That's a great looking hunk of meat... What did you serve for sides? Nice first post; including the pictures... Good luck following that one up ;) we ain't going to happy seeing a plate of buttered toast :))
    Sides?  Who eats sides?  Sides were smoked potato salad (can see the potatoes cooking under the roast in one of the pictures) and a salad.
    ·
  • Looks great!

Looks like you cut it off the bone before slicing it? If so, who got the bones?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks great!

The butcher cut the bones and tied them back on so we could get coffee rub on that side also.  I put the bones back on the egg for a few minutes and then my wife and I ate them like ribs.  They were great also.
    ·
  • Eggcellent job.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • crf158 said:
    Looks great!

The butcher cut the bones and tied them back on so we could get coffee rub on that side also.  I put the bones back on the egg for a few minutes and then my wife and I ate them like ribs.  They were great also.
    Yeah... the bones are great!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    >:)
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Nice looking roast. Bones off makes for an easy carve and most importantly the roast can be tied so it is round, making for an even cook. 
    For the past couple of years I've used the rib bones to make au jus or collect them in the freezer until we have enough for a rib low and slow rather than cook them with the roast. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Good looking roast
    ·
  • AcornAcorn Posts: 157
    Looks great!!! I'm putting my first roast on at 5. SEC football has mt attention right now!!!!
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 818
    Last ribeye roast I bought was about that size.  I finished separating the bones from it, cut the meat into 2 really big steaks, and cooked ribeye steaks and beef ribs simultaneously.  The steaks were dinner for 2 for 2 nights, and the ribs were my lunch for 2 days.
    ·