Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

plain @Jane Doe vs. underlined @Jane Doe

Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,458
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
Not sure if this has been covered or mentioned before, it appears that when you mention someone with @ in a post, if the recipient's handle contains a space, the notification email does not work unless the whole handle is underlined, can someone confirm please? for example,

@Chef Charles vs. @Chef Charles
@Little Steven vs. @Little Steven

Edit: I bet it won't work.  Notice if you mouse over the highlighted full handle, only the part before the space is 'linkable'.  

I believe notification works if you Quote the post and the user has notification turned on in his profile. When you do that, the hyperlink to the user's profile is preserved behind the scene ...
canuckland

Comments

• It is my understanding that you cannot use the @ notification for handles with spaces.

I believe that this site no longer allows spaces in the handle.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Also how do you create the hyperlink? (Bold and underlined)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Canugghead
    Although there's no underline icon in the format menu bar, you can highlight the whole handle and press ctrl+U.

Tom and Steven, can you confirm if you received notification when I mentioned you above please? Thanks.
    canuckland
  • @Hotch... highlight some text and then click the hyperlink button in the toolbar. It's the buttom that looks like a chain link with a little green dot. You'll get a small input box where you can put the hyperlink url.

@Canugghead, that would be great if it actually works!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    That's why you can't mention....

The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I just got the pop up notification from @Texanofthenorth
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Thanks.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch

And real Chili does not have beans.

Soups and stews have beans and vegetables.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited November 2013
    @Hotch, you don't have a space in your name. 

@Canugghead was testing a method to send a notification to a user with a space in their name, like "@Little Steven". Not really sure what's going on between those two? 
    ;)

Rodger that, I was just curious how to create the hyper link.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch I just highlight the name I want to notify/link, copy and paste.  Vanilla does the rest.

Little Steven - also works if you have spaces, btw..

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    you can use a _ for the space as well to make it work

• Canugghead
    U_tarded said:

It works for your handle because U and tarded are separated by _ , not by space.

Doesn't seem to work when two-word handle's components are separated by space though?
    canuckland
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    U_tarded said:

It works for your handle because U and tarded are separated by _ , not by space.

Doesn't seem to work when two-word handle's components are separated by space though?
    shows how much I know....i thought it did so all these times I guess I was doing it wrong.  Guess thats what I get when I can barely boot a computer up.