Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

50# of SCD Pork Butt

Options
My wife has a serious issue with gluten and sugars, but is allowed pure honey.  Therefore, I make my normal spice rub, minus the sugar, and blend it in the food processor with some warmed up honey.  I use a 1-1 ratio of honey to replace the missing sugar.  Very messy, but tastes nearly the same!

5, ~10-pound pork butts.  Just pulled the first two off, the rest are hovering at 180F.
--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Those look good Dave!

That's a lot of pork... what's the special occasion?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    20 people coming over to "open up" my new patio/kitchen.  I just posted picts under the table forum.  My egg finally has a new home :-)

...plus, I find pork butt to reheat really well.  We will freeze a lot of it quick dinners.
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill