Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Help Pricing a Medium BGE

I received a call yesterday from the wife one of the members here that participated in the DFW group buy for Rockwood lump.  He past away suddenly a couple of weeks ago and she wants to sell the egg. She called me because she had my number from buy.

What she has is a MBGE with
Nest, PSWOO2, plate setter, spider, stone, CI griddle with ridges on one side @ 14". BGE grid lifter,various pots, pans, racks.

I don't know her but would like to get her a fair price. The egg is in good shape, she said it was about 6 months old but it has wooden handles if that means anything.

I think she plans to list it on Craigslist

Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, and a Mini Max

Comments

• no warranty... id say $450 with the accessories. hard to say with your market how it will sell.. might could get 5-600 though. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,190
    50% of the current retail is a fair price, so $450-$500 is in the ball park. Final price depends on what it means to you. Wooden handles means it looks nice, but will require you to refinish them if left to the weather. It also means it is 2012 to early 2013 model. I think the composite handles were part of the early 2013 design. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • I'm in the market for a medium for a christmas present so if this one is for sale at a fair price, and already comes with accessories I would be very interested in taking it off her hands if yall are within a few hundred miles of me.
  • ProserProser Posts: 201
    Thanks for the help. That's kinda what I thought but wanted to make sure. I'll let you know what she decides to do
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, and a Mini Max
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    With those accessories, she may be able to get even more by splitting some off, like the Woo2 and the spider. I doubt she wants to go through that much trouble, though.