Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Turkey Breast

I have smoked Turkey Breast before on the Weber smoker that I used to have.  I have never done it on the Green Egg.  I have brined it in the past.  I wanted to do it on the egg with out brining the meat. Do you brine before smoking it?  Also, anyone use a rub on theirs? Thanks!!

·

Comments

• I definitely brine turkey breasts.  If not because of time constraints, I'll inject it with a mix of butter, honey or maple syrup, and white wine.

As far as rubs, here is a poultry rub from Chris Lilly:  Poultry Rub  You can use it as is or grind it for finer texture. 
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Brine for sure. We always brine turkey and it never fails.
    ·
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I have typically brined mine as well.  You definitely can't mess that meat up brining it.
    ·
  • My breasts are already injected from the store; do you still brine in this case? I have done a lot of whole turkeys but never just the breasts and ribs like we have this year. Thanks!

·