Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jalamango Lime Wings (with Recipe this time)

2»

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,582
    @thetrim , you can use either one, and to be honest, most of the time I just eyeball the baking powder. You just want to sprinkle enough on to lightly coat the wings in order to dry out the skin. I prefer working with baking powder for the simple fact that it's less sticky than cornstarch. The wings toss around easier with baking powder IMHO.
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    edited October 2013
    @thetrim: Like, Dyal said, I don't think it matters which one (& some people don't use either). 
    I am going to try baking power to compare. 

I usually dust the wings using this small strainer: Wings
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Just curious--which grocery chains stock hot mango chutney--I have fresh market, whole foods, bilo and publix around here (and trader joes).  Just wanted to know where to try first.
    ·
  • @SmokinTiger81 -- I found it at Publix. 
    ·
  • It looks like this: 
    ·
  • Thanks Kristi--I had seen photo on your blog, just could not recall seeing it in stores.  Have several Publix around me, so hopefully can pick up today.  That was the only ingredient I did not have at home, and glad to have a new reicpe that uses some of my homemade pickled jalapenos.

·
  • a quick question about this wing sauce, anyone know how long it stays good for if you make extra and refrigerate?
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,582
    @GreenWave36‌ , I'm not sure how long it's good for, but you could certainly make it a day or so ahead of time. That's what I do for eggfests to make it easier for the day of the event. It would probably be fine for several days though. I'm not the FDA though, so I couldn't say for sure. ;)
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 416
    Yep... I'll be trying that sometime soon. Thanks for posting it.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·