Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Turkey Breast

I have smoked Turkey Breast before on the Weber smoker that I used to have.  I have never done it on the Green Egg.  I have brined it in the past.  I wanted to do it on the egg with out brining the meat. Do you brine before smoking it?  Also, anyone use a rub on theirs? Thanks!!

·

Comments

• I definitely brine turkey breasts.  If not because of time constraints, I'll inject it with a mix of butter, honey or maple syrup, and white wine.

As far as rubs, here is a poultry rub from Chris Lilly:  Poultry Rub  You can use it as is or grind it for finer texture. 
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Brine for sure. We always brine turkey and it never fails.
    ·
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I have typically brined mine as well.  You definitely can't mess that meat up brining it.
    ·
  • My breasts are already injected from the store; do you still brine in this case? I have done a lot of whole turkeys but never just the breasts and ribs like we have this year. Thanks!

·