Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some Friday inspiration

Rainy day here in the Nth GA Mountains. I've got Friday dinner detail and I'm not feeling inspired at all. Regardless of the menu, it's got to fulfill these requirements:

• Not chicken
  • Cooked on the Egg (duh, and I haven't Egg'd all week)
  • Completed in less than 1hr
  • Had fish last night but would consider other seafood alternatives

Gimme some forum love and help a brother!

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    edited November 2013
    Ribeye Steak, Crash Potatoes, Tomato/Onion/Gorgonzola/Basil Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Some good options, 500. I still have tomatoes from my summer crop that need consumption.
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Cioppino is a quick cook. Not much prep. Great with warm crusty bread.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Love Cioppino..SWMBO and my youngest, not so much. Good idea, though.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

Simple spatchcock.

• @Hondabbq: Burned out on the white meats..chicken, turkey etc.. Although I'm thinking a Bourbon/Brown Sugar marinated pork tenderloin may fit the bill...
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Meatloaf? Pork Tenderloin? Friday night pizza?
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Egged nachos?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Meatloaf? Good play for a  rainy day. Pizzas is a standard Friday night go-to but SWMBO is trying to eat lighter (same with Nachos.) Yeah, Pork Tenderloin it is...now for the sides. I like the Crash Pots and just so happens we have some Yukon's in the pantry.

Thanks everyone! Happy Friday!

• bo31210
    I inspired myself LOL  Rare day off and just put a pork tenderloin in the fridge with Raging River and a salt/spice mix we got in Savannah a month or so ago.    Crash pots and corn to complete the trio.   Hopefully will get a rain break later this afternoon.   
  • So it's wet in middle GA too? Actually, the clouds have cleared and it's gorgeous here right now. Tenderloins are marinating in 1/4c Bourbon, 3/4c Soy Sauce and 2T of Dark Brown Sugar. Serving it up with the crash pots and fresh tomatoes
  • bo31210
    Yes    Hopefully it is pushing through      No fresh tomatoes left here (that I can find)!    Would love some with some sliced mozz but alas I will settle for what it is.   LOL
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Sunny skies here in Alpharetta.
  • I'm off of exit17 on 400, Lit. Skies are gorgeous right now and I'm <supposed> to be working. Oh well, the "man" gets more than his fair share of my blood so playing with fire a bit early is only right.

:-\"
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665

I have been trying to diversify my cooks as well.  Tried a quick pork loin with some blackberry sauce (modified the recipe a bit from the BGE cookbook) this week - Less than 1 hr start to finish.  It is quick and good and you can make as much or little as you want.  Will post the recipe if anyone wants it.  We are in Milton GA.  The locals should all get together sometime.  Having the annual Christmas Party on 12/21.  Eggers are welcome, of course. 

Milton, GA.
  • bo31210
    Well it quit raining and when I was pulling the tenderloin the blue sky was starting to peak thru.  Great meal tonight and looking at a beautiful day tomorrow!   Some chores in the am and then probably heading to the woods with cameras and my 15 y/o daughter to capture some fall foliage.
  • All turned out well. Amateur camera phone pics attached.

• Served with a spicy mustard/honey sauce.
  • A gathering of the Atlanta bunch would be fun. Everyone bring something Egg'd.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    A gathering of the Atlanta bunch would be fun. Everyone bring something Egg'd.

We would be up for that.  maybe something in the afternoon sometime.
    Milton, GA.
  • As the holiday season is on us, I can tell you that free weekends are at a premium.