Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Halloween Cook... New Lump & Smoke Wood

Made it over to Firecraft earlier today... really nice people over there, spoke with and met Dan who helped me get my stuff... Not really a showroom; but if you order online, or call ahead, he'll get everything together and you can go over and pick it up.

Picked up 2 bags of Rockwood lump, a bag of Peach wood chunks, and 26oz Byron's Butt Rub.

Decided to do a really turbo butt for dinner tonight, hoping to have it done and pulled before 6pm. The butt is about 8-1/2 pounds and coated with Byron's. Since I am going hot & quick, I decided to wait on trying the Rockwood and instead using the rest of a bag of Wegmans for this cook.

The grid is at about 400 and the IT is currently at 93. No foil planned, and the peach smells great...

Also doing a crockpot filled with kielbasa and kraut, with a can of Guinness just in case the pork is a fail :)

If it all goes bad, I am sure there will be candy to eat... I got close to 600 pieces of the damn stuff

Pics later....

Comments