Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I must be living right

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked up a Boston Butt two nights ago, left it unpulled and put it in the fridge overnight. Then I took it out and took it to a party today. I followed the good Doctor Spin's advice and cut off fist chunks, put them in ziplock bags and microwaved for a few minutes at low power. [p]I've never had pork sandwiches that good before and nobody else at the party could remember anything like it either. [p]I'm already planning another Butt just for the 'mediate family next week.[p]I also did pizzas for guests a few nights ago and for the second time our guests decided on the spot that our egg looked like a minature reactor. Polders on the front and smoke coming out of the top gave it that appearance, I guess. Anyway, they made fun of it until they got a taste of what the egg could do, then they became more respectful. [p]Any other newbies getting this reaction from friends or family?

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    char buddy ,[p] Guess I've had my BGE too long to be called a "newbie". However, I still try new things all the time. In fact, just about everyone on this forum probably still has friends that come over to try a new "Eggsperiment" and can't believe how well the BGE worked in preparing it. Every time I make something new or different for my friends, they always have that reaction -- especially if he food is something they don't normally associate with "grilling". (You want to put *dough* in that thing?)[p] Yesterday I helped out at a volleyball tournament. Brought my small BGE along and filled it up with bratwurst. There were a lot of very curious people watching me lug the little sucker across the parking lot . . .[p]MikeO
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    MikeO, Someday I will read in the papers where the "bomb squad" relieved some poor BGE owner of a small or mini and blew it up in a bunker!! LOL
    C~W[p]

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Are friends trying to tell us the egg is da bomb?
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    char buddy , Usually BBQ food from the Mint Julips from JJ's mix and bombed is the word. And cooking on the BGE blows all the others away..What more can I say..:-)
    Must be my day?? Cheers..C~W[p]