Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sriracha fans rejoice

GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 451
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Maybe ever so slighty off-topic but if any fellow Eggers enjoy the Sriracha condiment as much as I do, the local to So Cal kerfuffle over the purported fumes coming from the Sriracha plant has been quelched. For now. Score 1 for Sriracha...and 0 for the City of Irwindale California who welcomed the companys move to their taxable geography 2 years ago, and now is suing them over the manufacturing scents they claim is harming local residents. So...for now, NO Sriracha shortage....production will continue! One of my favoritist condiments ever. Anyone else in BGE land embrace the red rooster as warmly as me?
When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
·

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,567
    I love Sriracha, always have some on hand.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,493
    I put that s**t on everything!
    ·
  • pabpab Posts: 95
    Its great with brats and tater tots!
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,063
    Chinese ketchup. I use the Uncle Chen's extra hot. Little Thai coffee shop I go to for breakfast loses an eighth of a bottle every time I go.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Love it as well, like to mix it with orange marmalade for chicken parts.

Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • Love it
    Albion, PA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    I heard on the news that Dallas extended an invitation for them to pack up and move here. That'd show those whiners.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,171
    I use it instead of mustard when cooking most of my butts. Adds a little zing.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,585
    Love the stuff. Glad that the hounds have been called off (for now?)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,473
    Damn NIMBYs.  My kid puts it on boiled eggs.
    canuckland
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,960
    I love the stuff, but a single bottle lasts me a long, long, long, long time.  I figured the plant would've installed exhaust scrubbers, or moved to another location, by the time I need the next one.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • When i heard of this I went out and bought 4 bottles of the stuff. I also like "Kim-Kim", almost the same but some other nuances to it.
      Irwindale invited them and now a few residents who are sensitive to the exhaust, that is only during the 3 or 4 months of production, want to close it or have 'scrubbers' installed. These are the kind of people and lawyers that are ruining the freedom and rights of the people, just like Washington D.C.
      Here on Knotts Island the church around the corner would ring the bells everyday at 10am, I enjoyed it. Some one complained and now the bell can't even be rung on Sunday. 
      Be sure to get all your holiday decorations approved before they drop a house on you!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • Like it on pork chops and mixed into my scrambled eggs.
    ·
  • Love it! I use it for almost everything :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Damn NIMBYs.  My kid puts it on boiled eggs.
    I bet thats an absolute joy to behold a couple of hours down the line... :))
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,398
    We've called it c$ck sauce since college 1999 or so. Most surprised when we use that term for it, thought it was common.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • I dig it...

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,145

I heard a news report that Denton TX asked them to move in.

Welcome to Texas!

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 900
    At Mass last Sunday, the first reading was from the Book of Sirach....  Pretty cool
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • I love that sauce, I need to stock up and purchase about a half a dozen
    ·
  • I love that stuff. Sweet baby rays + sriracha for ribs sometimes. Sriracha + worchestshire or A-1 sauce for steaks? It's a great addition to anything.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Gogogordy said:
    Anyone else in BGE land embrace the red rooster as warmly as me?
    Ya know it's technically a white rooster right?  Why does everyone call it the red rooster? ;)
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    And yeah, I love it too - eggs, pork, chicken, egg rolls, stir frys and much more.
    ·
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 293
    I joined that club a couple of months ago too. I bought a bottle for the orange marmalade/sriracha wings recipe and fell in love with the stuff. I've seen it in the store for years, but had never tried it. Glad to hear the plant will stay running!
    ·
  • I made honey sriracha wings last week. tasty
    Boom
    ·
  • I made honey sriracha wings last week. tasty

Me too! I think I have a couple of bottles in the pantry, but I'm going to buy a couple more to show my support.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,783
    I put it on my pasta last night, lol
    ·
  • Love it I put it on just about everything !!!!!!!!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Dumped a bunch in my phở at lunch.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,888
    edited November 2013
    I just knew you were talking about Subway's new sriracha sandwiches 8-}

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·