Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Pumpkin seeds?

Options
Seeing Hap's Halloween cook made me wonder as I carve the fourth punkin with the grandkids, anyone have any good recipes for smoking the seeds? Seems like the egg would be made for this and I just happen to have five or six cups of beautiful seeds. 

Happy Halloween!
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I would just wash them, sprinkle a bit of oil on them and toss to coat.  Then sprinkle a little Byron's Bad Butt Rub and toss again.  Spread them out on a cookie sheet and give them about 20 minutes at 350.  Don't know about low and slow for smoking.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I just did some. Wash them and let them sit out over night to dry. Melt 2 tbs butter per 1.5 cups of seeds. I also added siracha and seasoning salt to spice them up. Cook raised direct in a sheet pan at 350-400 mine took 45 minutes to an hour. You have to stir them ever 10 minutes or so maybe less. It looks like alot of butter at the beginning but it absorbs and evaporates fairly quick.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @zippylip must be so excited right now

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Lit - Thanks for the suggested butter to seed ratio, Will give this a try tomorrow. Our usual is Cajun and garlic. 

CenTex - was thinking the same thing. 

@Jaydub58 - Bad Byrons, have some in the cupboard. Will make a double batch. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!