Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL BGE

Options
Does anyone know when they will be available to purchase?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I was told Keith's Ace Hardware in Salado has one ordered. Told them sure wanted one for the Salado EggFest in March.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dfishel
    Dfishel Posts: 104
    Options
    @micky, Thank you, I'm going to order one tomorrow.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    June is the estimate I got today from the mothership
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    How wide in the XXL Egg anyway? Are we looking at 30 inches?
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • Dfishel
    Options

How wide in the XXL Egg anyway? Are we looking at 30 inches?

Large enough to roast a whole hog, 20 racks of ribs or 40 burgers, the Big Green Egg XXL is a culinary tool unlike any other! Chefs and backyard grillers alike will be astonished to see a stainless steel cooking grid that measures 29.25 inches / 74.3 cm in diameter for a whopping 672 square inches / 4336 cm2 of cooking area. Like all EGGs in the Big Green Egg family, the XXL EGG can handle virtually any cooking need, from cooking low and slow for hours to flash searing at ultra high temperatures. As fans have come to expect, the XXL accommodates numerous EGGcessories designed exclusively for the EGG — including a XXL Plate Setter — utilizing the full versatility of the EGG and making culinary possibilities endless. Its patented components and state-of-the-art ceramic technologies provide the best cooking results and will not deteriorate over time. And, of course, as the XXL is constructed from the same ultra high-quality ceramics as the other five EGG sizes, it comes with the same best-in-class limited lifetime warranty.
  • sstripes96
    Options
    I watched Dr BBQ cook on one at Eggtoberfest in Atlanta last month. That thing was huge.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    You must do a lot of big cooks!  I have an XL and am yearning for a medium or small for when I am cooking for 2.  It takes 10 lb of lump to fill the XL.  How much do you think to fill an XXL?  Also must weigh 350-400 lbs, would need its own trailer to go anywhere!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Dfishel
    Options
    @cookinbob, I also have an XL and I love it! The problem is, I cook for the holidays and it's 40-60 people. The main dish is beef ribs, and I need more cooking space. As with every egghead I want to cook the whole meal on an BGE and the XL just doesn't cut it.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I am jealous.  I'd love to cook for that large a group.  If we get past a dozen, we'd call a caterer!  I think I could handle it, but SWMBO would be a basket case!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Dfishel
    Options
    @cookinbob, we also cater every family event, but BBQ is so good everyone insist that I make it. I must say it makes me very happy.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Dfishel said:
    @micky, Thank you, I'm going to order one tomorrow.

Were you able to order one?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Dfishel
    Options
    @RLeeper, yes!!!
    Mission accomplished!!!! I will have my new XXL before Thanksgiving!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    I'm sure it will hold at least 20 pounds as my large will hold 8.8 no problem. Would love to have one for the holidays and game days but the sticker must be like 2000

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Dfishel... You must work for BGE.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN