Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I need to confess and get something off my chest

• Mickey said:
    Village Idiot .... Your Mother was Cher?

=))   Well, perhaps, I embellished the story a tad bit.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,513
    Mickey said:
    Village Idiot .... Your Mother was Cher?
    Ah so that's why he takes the purple pill, so he can be Bono. (or get one)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,177
    I'm embarrassed by how much I like the McRib.  Nebraska born product, so that's kinda cool
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,535
    Kind of like the clap- there are certain things you just don't share
    Greensboro, NC
  • LitLit Posts: 4,610
    I grilled spam tonight and made a sandwich. Something I saw here. I feel sick now. Wish it was a mcrib.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,548
    Lit said:
    I grilled spam tonight and made a sandwich. Something I saw here. I feel sick now. Wish it was a mcrib.
    Dude...I ate a burrito with Philly Gourmet meat (like Steak-umm) for lunch.  I don't know what was worse...the shame or the nausea.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,633
    We have had open a couple of Friddys Steak-burgers just open ( I like the burger and really like the meatloaf sandwich ). The question here is this Steak-umms?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BayaradBayarad Posts: 297
    Had a McRib yesterday! Very yummy!
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,057
    This seems similar to the "Watcha drinkin?" thread - but McNasty-er.

I want a jamocha shake.

Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • I would like to talk more about Arby's brisket sandwich. I want to cook a brisket but I'm not sure I have ever had brisket before. I got an Arby's brisket today and was totally unimpressed! Now I really wonder if I should spend $40 on this hunk of meat to try it out at home. It seems to be one of the most popular cuts of meat cooked on here. Any advice?
    Nowhere Indiana
  • @Loosemoose I'm betting that Arby's brisket bears about the same resemblance to real brisket as Arby's roast beef does to real roast beef, which is none whatsoever. 
    Find a local butcher, get a small brisket, maybe 5-6# flat, and give it a go. I used the Travis Method for the first couple, very easy and good results. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Thanks Skiddymarker, I will give that a try.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Arby's brisket sandwich or McD's rib sandwich? Man so many choices...I'm confused now  :-/

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,588

Arby's brisket sandwich or McD's rib sandwich? Man so many choices...I'm confused now  :-/

Make sure you stop for a bacon sundae at Burger King afterwards
  • I tried the brisket sandwich out of curiosity as I would love to try a brisket cook. I'm 51 years old and my dad was a meat cutter and I had meat on the table as a kid most every night. I am not sure we ever had brisket.
    I will try to cook one here at home. It's not like the $40 will break me up.
    Usually when we eat meat at a restaurant we are disappointed anyways because we can cook better here at home. The egg and the knowledge I have gained here have helped a lot.
    Thanks again for the advice.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Pork butts are very forgiving and I will look for one I like and settle on the lowest price. For brisket I truly believe it all depends on the quality you start with. Flats are too difficult to be the first brisket you cook, it will generally end up dry. I picked up a 11lb prime brisket last week. It has enough fat to stay moist and end up great. Anything less than choice and I would pass.

If you want to be successful, shoot me an email and I would be happy to talk and give you some suggestions

• Thanks Crimsongator. I'm off work the week of thanksgiving and plan on cooking one then. I'll shoot you an email between now and then.
    Nowhere Indiana