Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Weeknight Burgers

Options

Pulled some frozen burgers out (Costco, previously seasoned with Wicked Good Burger powder back when formed), added some tiger sauce and Rufus Teague spicy rub tonight.  Served up with toppings, including pickled jalapenos and jalapeno juice on bun.  Quick, easy, good.

On the egg.image

On the bun.

Ready to Eat

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Looks good. The broccoli provides a nice healthy addition to the meal.  ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Ok you know I am new to this is Wicked good available in Costco? How about the Tiger sauce would you please share? Thank You Jerry
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options

Wicked Good Burgers is a book, and has a recipe for making a powder to incorporate in burgers to ramp up flavor--procini mushroom powder, other ingredients, etc.  Have to look in book to get ingredients and don't have here at work.

Tiger Sauce is a premade sauce--our local groceries--Publix, Bilo all carry it.  I just brush it on.  It is with the Franks hot sauce and other sauces.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Pour some tiger sauce over cream cheese and you've got a really tasty dip/spread for Ritz crackers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Okay.  Gonna add that book to my Amazon list for purchasing.  Thanks.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Pour some tiger sauce over cream cheese and you've got a really tasty dip/spread for Ritz crackers.

Try it with a good pepper jelly- heat the jelly in the microwave so it will pour over the cream cheese- awesome and very easy
    Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice!  I like the addition of the tiger sauce. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options

The Wicked Good Burger powder is called 5th dimension powder, use 1T per pound of meat.  When I am grinding my own meat I just sprinkle it on meat before running through grinder, if using pre-ground just work it into the raw meat before making the burger patties.

Ingredients:  6T porcini powder, 2T portobello powder, 2T worcestershire powder, 2T onion powder, adn 2T garlic powder.

I had to go online to spice seller site to buy the procini, portobello and worcestershire powder.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Mmm, now I want a burger. I had a dang protein shake for dinner . :(