Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I need to confess and get something off my chest

I ate an Arby's brisket sandwich today and it wasn't too bad  :-)
·

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I have been intrigued. And now I might want it.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 809
    It is not reconstituted meat like their roast beef? Gerhard
    ·
  • maybe i love brisket too much but this just made me sad

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,311
    Further to another thread we had on the serving temp to reheat meat, Arby's at least has standards...
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,710

gerhardk said:

No
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,613
    Further to another thread we had on the serving temp to reheat meat, Arby's at least has standards...
    Dr. Marby does not want you to get sick from food poisoning. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    "That's longer than I smoke my meat.". Lol. ( Neil is a very funny guy. I wish they had let him do the commercial by himself.)

I had a few. Its certainly not a Tennessee Beef and Cheddar from my favorite local barbecue Restaurant, but it sure beats McDonalds or a lot of other fast food.
    ·
  • It's slow smoked for at least 13 hours. Come on man!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I had one and liked it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,829
    I had a McRib not long ago and liked it. Am I a bad person?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,710
    Probably
    ·
    Mickey said:
    I had a McRib not long ago and liked it. Am I a bad person?
    Yes, but not because you had a McRib........ Salt of the earth Mickey, salt of the earth!
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,291
    That's it. I'm outta here !!!! :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 81
    Now we're just talking about Faux Que.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    This used to be a much friendlier place...
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Hate, just so much hate [-(
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,036

We rarely get to taste each other's cooks.  The fact that @Mickey likes the McRib gives us some insight...

The pic he has posted of his chicken wings is confirmatory...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    edited October 2013
    Foghorn said:

We rarely get to taste each other's cooks.  The fact that @Mickey likes the McRib gives us some insight...

The pic he has posted of his chicken wings is confirmatory...

Good is good. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Something does not look the same.
    image.jpg 37.1K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  •  
    gerhardk said:

No
    http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
    ·
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Something does not look the same.

Must be the iPhone I am using to take the picture.

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited October 2013
    With the vacuity of talent on this forum, it seems rather non sequitur to me to voice castigation to someone willing to explore alternative solutions.  Mickey is obsequious in every one of his posts, and the hateful response to his post that I see here is obfuscating to me.

If we are to ameliorate the quality of this forum, then we should vaunt Mickey's attempts at cooking and testing rather than emphasize the paucity of his achievements.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
    With the vacuity of talent on this forum, it seems rather non sequitur to me to voice castigation to someone willing to explore alternative solutions.  Mickey is obsequious in every one of his posts, and the hateful response to his post that I see here is obfuscating to me.

If we are to ameliorate the quality of this forum, then we should vaunt Mickey's attempts at cooking and testing rather than emphasize the paucity of his achievements.
    Hate, just so much hate. Is it because I am just so much better looking than you?

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,250
    You two need to get a room.

·
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 232
    I had one also. I thought it was pretty decent. Even had a smoke ring.
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,291

What the hell does this say ?? I don't have time to look up all them words, I'm retired & it's Beer-Thirty.

:-O

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
    edited October 2013
    Oh -0h, VI is taking them Howard Cosell geriatric vitamins again...... I'm with you @bud812, it is beer thirty!
    ·
    edited October 2013
    Oh -0h, VI is taking them Howard Cosell geriatric vitamins again...... I'm with you @bud812, it is beer thirty!
    From what I understand VI talks like this when he takes the little blue triangle pill. Just the odd way it effects him by swelling his brain.

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited October 2013
    I am but a poor man, raised by Romanian gypsies in Northern Mexico.  I was born in the wagon of a traveling show, my mamma had to dance for the money they'd throw.  Papa would do whatever he could - preach a little gospel, sell a couple bottles of Dr. Good.

Anyway, I learned English out of a book we stole from Thaddeus P. Goodwell's General Store in Salado, Texas.  The words I used above were in the fourth lesson of Beginning English For Romanian Gypsies in Northern Mexico.  I'm bewildered why some here do not understand these words.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
    @Village Idiot .... Your Mother was Cher?

·