Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My father in laws take on the egg

2»

Comments

• DredgerDredger Posts: 240
    Be honest. That pic appeals to the pyro lurking in all of us.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,306

OK, yes it does.

Reminds me of when I was a wee young lad at the lake on a family picnic and dad loaded up the charcoal in the grill. Then stepped back and sprayed the sh!t out of it with a full "can" lighter fluid. Now that was a hamburger to remember forever.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,263

For you Jonathan... And the guy cooking with the lid open.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • busmania said:

Yeah, im still scratching my head but you know the saying..."choose your battles".

I must say though, the chops were pretty damn good.

Battle chosen!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,361
    I get it, but if he want to cook that way- hey it's his egg- if he want to use it as a boat anchor- he bought it, it's his to use as he wishes. ;)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • never thought of the BGE as a fire pit 
    ·
  • busmaniabusmania Posts: 298
    Jeremiah said:
    I get it, but if he want to cook that way- hey it's his egg- if he want to use it as a boat anchor- he bought it, it's his to use as he wishes. ;)
    It is MY egg! 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,263
    I wouldn't the offense... Just joking.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,371
    edited October 2013

Ohhhh.......that makes me cringe.

Thanks for the Fire Marshall Bill post.  That was one of the funniest shows on TV.

"Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Did he use lighter fluid?   Sad,
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • EGGATLEGGATL Posts: 22
    Everything but the duct  tape. :-O
    Atlanta, Georgia area
    ·
    Did he use lighter fluid?   Sad,
    Lucky for me, he at least let me start the fire.  I would have NEVER let him use lighter fluid.
    ·
  • That looks pretty wild.  Where did he get that idea from?
    ·
    That looks pretty wild.  Where did he get that idea from?

I guess this is how he does his steaks and lamb chops at home but on his weber.  He thought the grate was too low to the flame so he found the bricks and well.....you see the result!

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    How's the gasket doing?

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
    Hic said:
    How's the gasket doing?

He did steaks last night with the same method.  lets just say I have been fearful of checking the gasket. 
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,361
    busmania said:

Jeremiah said:

It is MY egg! 

Oh. Well that's a different story then. Just how vested are you in this marriage?? :)

Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 655
    edited October 2013
    busmania said:
    Jeremiah said:
    It is MY egg! 

Dude! You need to grow a set. No one cooks on your egg unless they are a better cook than you. And if they cook on your egg, they do it your way. First Thanksgiving at our house with my wife's folks my FIL grabs the carving knife after I've cooked the entire meal. He got a very no BS "my house, my bird, my knife, I'll carve". Love him to death, but I'm the herd bull here.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,597
    edited October 2013
    nay, not raised enough, the twelve-inch bolts should be sitting ON the blocks  :D

yzzi
    said:
    Haha, he's having trouble getting over the mentality of "hey, isn't grilling supposed to be over massive flare ups with lots of lighter fluid"?
    I see a chimney starter though, so may be no lighter fluid, at least he got that right :D
    (edit: just read page 2 and realised he didn't start the fire)

canuckland
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,597
    Look on the bright side ... you don't have to worry about him not burping the egg  :D
    canuckland
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2013
    Hannah Storm said that's NOT optimal
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·