Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to buy a pizza stone larger than 14" for my LBGE???

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where to buy a 16" or 18" high quality pizza stone? It looks like I can go up to 18" and still have about 3/4" all the way around the perimeter for airflow...

Southwestern Egger

·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    3/4" might be enough air flow for low and slows but if you want to reach higher temp the same day you start your fire I would stick with 16" or smaller on your Large BGE.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Wont the bigger stones cause gasket issues guys?

·
  • Thank you!
    ·
  • Do you know where to find one @ 16"??
    ·
  • I would not go any larger than 14" diameter; especially if you want to cook above the gasket level (i.e., higher up in the dome) as most recommend. I bought a 16" diameter stone and tried using it twice before I gave up. You simply won't be able to get your dome temp up to optimal cooking temps for pizza.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Here is a link . They also have a 16 inch

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,977
    edited October 2013
    Old Stone 16" pizza stone. I found mine at a a thrift store. Nice thick stone. No issues with using it in the egg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000E19MW
    ·
  • Thank you guys... I cook pizza's right at the felt line...
    ·
  • HighWayHighWay Posts: 17
    I have the 16" from the CGS and use it on the grid extender high in the dome. Never have a problem keeping 550-650 temps. I think you would be asking for problems using anything larger than a 16" stone.

Charlotte, NC LBGE

·
  • I got my 16" from bed bath and beyond. Cooked about a dozen pizzas..no issues
    ·