Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to buy a pizza stone larger than 14" for my LBGE???

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where to buy a 16" or 18" high quality pizza stone? It looks like I can go up to 18" and still have about 3/4" all the way around the perimeter for airflow...

Southwestern Egger

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,949
    3/4" might be enough air flow for low and slows but if you want to reach higher temp the same day you start your fire I would stick with 16" or smaller on your Large BGE.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Wont the bigger stones cause gasket issues guys?

• Thank you!
  • Do you know where to find one @ 16"??
  • I would not go any larger than 14" diameter; especially if you want to cook above the gasket level (i.e., higher up in the dome) as most recommend. I bought a 16" diameter stone and tried using it twice before I gave up. You simply won't be able to get your dome temp up to optimal cooking temps for pizza.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2013
    Old Stone 16" pizza stone. I found mine at a a thrift store. Nice thick stone. No issues with using it in the egg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000E19MW
  • Thank you guys... I cook pizza's right at the felt line...
  • HighWayHighWay Posts: 17
    I have the 16" from the CGS and use it on the grid extender high in the dome. Never have a problem keeping 550-650 temps. I think you would be asking for problems using anything larger than a 16" stone.

Charlotte, NC LBGE