Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: what does black bear meat taste like?

2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    my camp is in Sebago, just south of gray and we have a family beach house just north of kittery in Biddeford. we get the moose in the yard in Sebago, have to watch them with the dog, they see the dog and try to stomp him out. haven't seen the Sebago moose with too many ticks but northern maine and nh they are pitiful looking, they nicknamed them ghost moose because they pull all their hair out
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You can circumcise the problem by not shooting the bear in the first place.   L-)

I don't hunt but we are having a huge problem around the Toronto area and it's getting worse. The spring bear hunt was cancelled in 1999 and there is a tremendous rise, not only in the population but, in the increase of human-bear encounters. I have seen them on the country roads I take home and that is about 80 miles south of their old range. People in the north of our province have gone through their entire savings on multiple "humane removal" attempts. I believe the current thinking is "shoot, shovel and shut up"

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2013/10/08-spring-bear-hunt-sudbury.aspx

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    You can circumcise the problem by not shooting the bear in the first place.   L-)

I don't hunt but we are having a huge problem around the Toronto area and it's getting worse. The spring bear hunt was cancelled in 1999 and there is a tremendous rise, not only in the population but, in the increase of human-bear encounters. I have seen them on the country roads I take home and that is about 80 miles south of their old range. People in the north of our province have gone through their entire savings on multiple "humane removal" attempts. I believe the current thinking is "shoot, shovel and shut up"

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2013/10/08-spring-bear-hunt-sudbury.aspx

if you guys could get the polar bair population up enough where they start coming down across the boarder :D  my only supplier died, you cant even seem to buy a hundred year old rug down here to tie flies with [-(
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    The polar bears are migrating south too. Still 600 miles away though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    The polar bears are migrating south too. Still 600 miles away though
    well if you see one, cut me off a couple 2x2 patches
    :))  or if a hide just happens to fall off one fill it with kilkenny and Cubans and send it down. the usa, land where you cant get anything
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    If I got a big one I could even send you some maple leaf :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279

VI, you can come to my place and "circumcise" all you want.......I will make enough money for another egg just by selling tickets to that event!

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • The only jerky I ever threw away was bear.  'Nuf said.
    Morro Bay, CA