Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best way to support bottom of table?

I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I am building a table for my XL BGE and am concerned about supporting the wood underneath where the Egg will actually sit. I used 1X4 Cypress for the top and bottom. I camouflaged the two side tables and it looks sweet in my opinion. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Do you have any pictures to post? Or plans?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I just bought a plain concrete paving stone at a home store. Its about 12X12 or 14x14 and about 2 inches thick. It has served me well for over 15 months and I don't expect to ever have to replace it.

Tim
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,169
    If you're concerned about the table platform just run a 4x4 brace underneath it.. Front to back.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN