Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice Rack!

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
St Louis Rib's 3/2/1 at 250 dome. Pulled the MB, Dizzy Dust meat side up plate setter in legs up for 3, then foiled with butter, brown sugar and honey for 2 hrs. Then removed from foil and smeared Sweet Baby Rays for 1 hr. Goood Pig Sickles!
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Looks good... Try not pulling the membrane on spares.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Looks great... Always pull the membrane.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks great!  Pull off exactly 1/2 off the membrane. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Looks great!  Pull off exactly 1/2 off the membrane. 

=))
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    henapple said:
    Looks good... Try not pulling the membrane on spares.
    Do you take the membrane off before you eat them or leave it on, I have eaten ribs with the membrane on and didn't mind. I have a friend who leaves it on and cooks them in a covered pan with coca cola and orange juice at 250 for 3/4 hours then sauce direct to the grill and he says the membrane left on keeps them from falling apart.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Not cooking them in coca cola and orange juice will also help keep the meat from falling apart!
    Options
    Not cooking them in coca cola and orange juice will also help keep the meat from falling apart!
    LOL
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL x2
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I  have eaten his ribs many times and they are very good, just not your typical Rib.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    When you pull the membrane, always pull from right to left otherwise it won't do you any good. 

To each his own - i'm not a fan of braised ribs, or "fall off the bone ribs". I rarely pull the membrane these days partly because I'm lazy and partly because I like chewing on the membrane which has absorbed some rub and pork drippings.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.