Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

salmon and twice baked squash

quick dinner tonight fairly easy.  had a salmon filet in the freezer that got planked at 450 direct.  the squash was a martha stewart recipe i found online.  We had one laying on the counter that we needed to use and I was clueless.  I did the initial bake in the egg, finished in the box in the kitchen while the salmon was one.  very good meal.  The salmon was marinated in olive oil, soy and garlic.  then dusted with Tsunami spin and cooked until 145 i.t.  

imageimageimage

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 347
    looks great!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• RACRAC Posts: 1,527

Looking good! Squash look's interesting. Need to give it a try. Always looking's for different sides.

Ricky

Spring, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689
    Squash recipe...?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    looks amazingly delicious +1 on that squash recipe
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,312
    Squash recipe is in the link above the first picture just click on the words
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689
    Duh huh.... Sorry.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,162
    edited October 2013
    Looks like a great meal. We've been cooking more squash lately, so thanks for the recipe.

What temp do you cook salmon to, btw?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,312
    henapple said:
    Duh huh.... Sorry.
    no problem, I guess I could have made it clearer and used a PBR can for the link, then you would have hit it. 

caliking said:
    Looks like a great meal. We've been cooking more squash lately, so thanks for the recipe.

What temp do you cook salmon to, btw?
    I cook it to 145, but this time i think i got more carryover because I did normal height instead of raised grid that I usually plank at.  basically i pull it when it first starts to flake in the thickest part, my wife won't eat it any rarer than that.