Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

salmon and twice baked squash

quick dinner tonight fairly easy.  had a salmon filet in the freezer that got planked at 450 direct.  the squash was a martha stewart recipe i found online.  We had one laying on the counter that we needed to use and I was clueless.  I did the initial bake in the egg, finished in the box in the kitchen while the salmon was one.  very good meal.  The salmon was marinated in olive oil, soy and garlic.  then dusted with Tsunami spin and cooked until 145 i.t.  

imageimageimage

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 361
    looks great!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• RACRAC Posts: 1,610

Looking good! Squash look's interesting. Need to give it a try. Always looking's for different sides.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,221
    Squash recipe...?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    looks amazingly delicious +1 on that squash recipe
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,369
    Squash recipe is in the link above the first picture just click on the words
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,221
    Duh huh.... Sorry.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,635
    edited October 2013
    Looks like a great meal. We've been cooking more squash lately, so thanks for the recipe.

What temp do you cook salmon to, btw?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,369
    henapple said:
    Duh huh.... Sorry.
    no problem, I guess I could have made it clearer and used a PBR can for the link, then you would have hit it. 

caliking said:
    Looks like a great meal. We've been cooking more squash lately, so thanks for the recipe.

What temp do you cook salmon to, btw?
    I cook it to 145, but this time i think i got more carryover because I did normal height instead of raised grid that I usually plank at.  basically i pull it when it first starts to flake in the thickest part, my wife won't eat it any rarer than that.