Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump for the winter

Options
I am pretty certain my local grocer, Wegman's, has lump charcoal (RO) available year round.  But reading all the posts here got me thinking I better stock up a bit.  I already had about 80 lbs on hand, but went out to BJ's last night and bought 2 more 34 lb bags of Frontier for $19.95 each.  I am working through my first bag of Frontier right now and have been really pleased with the size distribution and burn characteristics, so it was a no-brainer.  Besides that, from what I read, this is a great price!  Right now I have about 160 lbs on hand, should be enough to get me through.  Also in the pic is about 15 lb of hickory chunks, 60 lb of hickory slab wood (to be broken down) and the vertical smoker I have not used since getting my egg (will be donated to my son).  

I have to say though, for me there is something nice about having a stockpile of anything (lump, beer, firewood, meat...........).  I will probably maintain somewhat of a stash going forward.
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments