Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dry Aged Ribeye and Stone Crab

My girls had great report cards and parent teacher confrences so we had our celebration dinner!! Dry aged Ribeyes and Stone Crab!!

Ribeyes were dry aged for 28 days and ARE FANTASTIC!! We purchased a cow from the 4H auction and had all the steaks dry aged. I am going to have a hrad time not doing it to all our steaks from now on. They are awesome!!

The Stone Crab was overnighted from Key Largo fisheries. Great price and fantastic quality!! Ordered them Friday morning and they were delivered to the house at about 11:30 am Saturday. Rinsed them in some ice water and put the in the refer covered untill dinner time!! What a treat!!!

Ribeyes were cooked with EVOO, kosher salt, black pepper, and a little garlic powder. Cooked them at 650 for about 3 1/2 to 5 min per side.

can't wait until they get their next grades!!!!!

Comments

• Very nice celebration dinner, I'm sure they will be gunning for more A's
    NW IA
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    That's my kind of meal! How many lbs of crab was that?

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Pictures do not do them justice!! That was 7 lbs of the Jumbo. I thought I would try them versus the large once and know I might never go back. Easier to handle and HUGE hunks of meat!! I love the meat from the knuckle and the Jumbo's make it that much easier to get the meat ..
  • MrossMross Posts: 338
    Stone crab is my favorite food in the whole world! Your meal looks fantastic.
    Duncan, SC
  • Stone crab is quite nice. Steaks look even better
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,243
    I don't know who is happier - your girls about making good grades and having a great dinner cooked for them, or you getting a chance to throw down and cook a great dinner for then :)

It all looks fantastic and kudos to your daughters for making daddy proud.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,505
    That looks amazing. I've done Snow Crab, but those Stone Crabs look great. Beautiful steaks as well. Good dinner.
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,278
    Great meal! I have to get my son to work on his grades lol.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This