Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Heading to ATL next week, should I visit the Mothership?

DMWDMW Posts: 7,093
Heading to ATL for work next week, is a visit to the Mothership worth it?

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
·

Comments

• 3sheets3sheets Posts: 81

They have everything you may need for a BGE and you can see all of the toys at one location. Plus the people there are friendly and will answer any questions you may have. Come at the right time and they may be cooking something out on the patio.

BUT...the mothership is not a big retail store space. Maybe a 30' by 30' space so don't expect too much.  Should you visit the store? Sure. Should you go out of your way to visit? Maybe not.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,093
    Thanks @3sheets, looks like it would be only 30 min drive out of my way. Booked my return flight for later in the day, so should be able to swing by.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • Gator_ManGator_Man Posts: 138

I say yes you should take the time and stop by for sure. I always stop when in the area.

Gator Man

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

·
  • Besides toys, great selection of dry rubs. When I used to live close by, I'd stop by every Saturday afternoon and eat lunch. They always had something cooking.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
  • I would most defanitaly stop by the Mothership a very nice group of people as friendly as the day is long and they are very willing to answer any questions you have about Egging and they have anything one can imagine for the Egg 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Yes....
    ·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    Yes, it is worth the trip. If for anything just to see the xxl.

If you hungry take a ride over to fox-bros BBQ. One of the best in town.
    ·