Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heading to ATL next week, should I visit the Mothership?

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Heading to ATL for work next week, is a visit to the Mothership worth it?

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• 3sheets
    3sheets Posts: 81

They have everything you may need for a BGE and you can see all of the toys at one location. Plus the people there are friendly and will answer any questions you may have. Come at the right time and they may be cooking something out on the patio.

BUT...the mothership is not a big retail store space. Maybe a 30' by 30' space so don't expect too much.  Should you visit the store? Sure. Should you go out of your way to visit? Maybe not.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Thanks @3sheets, looks like it would be only 30 min drive out of my way. Booked my return flight for later in the day, so should be able to swing by.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138

I say yes you should take the time and stop by for sure. I always stop when in the area.

Gator Man

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• Besides toys, great selection of dry rubs. When I used to live close by, I'd stop by every Saturday afternoon and eat lunch. They always had something cooking.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • I would most defanitaly stop by the Mothership a very nice group of people as friendly as the day is long and they are very willing to answer any questions you have about Egging and they have anything one can imagine for the Egg 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    Yes, it is worth the trip. If for anything just to see the xxl.

If you hungry take a ride over to fox-bros BBQ. One of the best in town.