Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Table Help

Options
PCO3
PCO3 Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To make a long story short, I was taking apart my Egg yesterday to transport to a local BBQ competition here in Cincinnati and to my horror the fire box broke, hit the ground and shattered in about 16 pieces with no spare available. (I forged ahead with my portable gasser and still won Best Chicken category -- thanks to the BGE Forum for the Spatchcock Chicken idea!!!! However everything else was palatable but sucked)[p]My solution is to transport my Egg next year by leaving it in the table and getting a trailer. However, I have those small lawn mower wheels on the table and they have flat spots where they have resting on the ground. Therefore, the table will not roll easily. Does anyone have a solution with respect to a higher quality wheel that won't flat spot. My table was built from the plans provided by BGE on its website.[p]Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    PCO3, first congratulations on your fine finish.
    Second, transporting EGGs is getting a lot more attention these days. One thing you will want to ask is how do yo have your egg set up at home and how do you wish the BGE to be set when yu arrive? Also, what type of vehicle will it be transported in (on the highway)? If you're going from nest at home to nest at the site, and you have a trailer, it one thing. If you're going from table at home to table at the site and you have an SUV, it might be a different solution. I'm work on an EGGtransporter that will allow you to easily and safely carry an EGG in its nest. I should have a prototype and some plans out before Thanksgiving if that might meet your needs and you can wait that long.

• BGEJeff
    BGEJeff Posts: 54
    Options
    PCO3,[p]Go with Air filled tubless tires, got my at TSC. They are replacement tires for a hand truck w/ 800lbs capacity.