Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a good dog shampoo

Options
What do you guys recommend for a good dog shampoo that also kills fleas?  We just got a new member of the family yesterday evening and want to give her a bath.  It has been a while since we had a dog. 

I want to give her a bath today, so shipping would not be an option.  I have Walmart, Petsmart, Tractor Supply, and Southern States close by. 
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You don't need to shampoo for fleas anymore. There is a cream available that you apply to the back of the neck every few months.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I have a vet appointment, but its not for a few days.  When we had our last dog, we applied K9 Advantix II every month for fleas.  However, I need her weight first so I can purchase the right type as they go by weight.  Is that what you are referring to?
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    I have had amazing success with a squeeze bottle made up if Dawn and a little vinegar. Read about it on the internet. Couldn't believe the results. Give it a try.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I'm not at home right now so I can't give you the brand. I do know that my wife uses it on all three dogs and a cat. That's a Chihuahua, a Bijon and a bernese and a nasty mutt cat. Same stuff for all and I think its just a little on her fingertip.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    i gave up on the flea baths and use frontline drops once a month, everymonth. for shampoo i use regular head and shoulders as my last dog had allergies to every shampoo out there and that seemed to work the best.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

i gave up on the flea baths and use frontline drops once a month, everymonth. for shampoo i use regular head and shoulders as my last dog had allergies to every shampoo out there and that seemed to work the best.
    Interesting.  I have read where some folks are using Johnson&Johnson brand baby shampoo for dogs as its gentle for their coats. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    petsmart should have the frontline, they should even have the scale, eitherway i just bring the dog to the vet office and weigh him, they never charged me for that with or without an appointment
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it