Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost a week in and....

... I'm loving the XL BGE! The better half and I were at a very good BBQ joint yesterday and she turned to me and said "The pork you did on the BGE is so much better than this!" Tomorrow a 15 pound turkey!,,
XL BGE

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Good luck with the turkey.  You will find yourself saying that about many restaurants as you begin to broaden your cooks to different styles of food. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Save your $$ and apply the following, "Never order food in a restaurant that you can cook at home."  I have used that for many more years than Q'ing and have mainly enjoyed the restaurant experience and the home-cooked gorceries, regardless of cooking source.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @Seanr7 - Always nice when your work is recognized by SWMBO, brings a smile to your face. Good advice from @lousubcap, order what you can't do or haven't done yet at home. When I used to travel on business had a rule that I never ate in the hotel I stayed in, forces you to get out a try something different. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Lou and Scott are absolutely right - since I've started egging, I have not had a steak in a restaurant that I was satisfied with. We haven't been out to dinner on a weekend in months as I would rather spend the $100+ on some good meat, my favorite beverages, some fun sides and invite friends over. 

The best part is I'm not paying $7-8 for a beer and I don't have to worry about getting home after I've overserved myself!

Glad your loving the BGE.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    I love that term...over served myself! Happens to me all the time!
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I prefer the term "servingly challenged" :)

We moved to Houston 4 years ago, and I've been to a bbq place ONCE (not including a few central TX joints which are an entirely different category). The meat tasted like creosote. Their "downhome" feel (they are part of a big restaurant company) included, picking up your chow from a line, bussing your own table etc... all of which I can do in the comfort of my own home!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.