Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken wings help!

Family wants wings tonite, figure i would do them on the egg insyead of deep fry! Any suggestions? Temp time? Everyone likes them crispy! Thanks! Enjoy your sunday!
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,697
    I like to do mine at 400-425 raised direct. Start with meaty side down and flip half way. Generally will cook about 1hr to 1:15hr.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    @mattmann3969, r u talking about full size wings? Or pub style? Im doing pub style! :D
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,697
    Sorry dude I do full size, tips and all

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • I do mine indirect @400 for 45 minutes to an hour. To get crispy skin, I add whatever seasoning/rub to a VIP lock with floor and toss them in that. I then sauce them in a bowl after they are done and serve. Enjoy
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Zip lock!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    I don't know what pub style is, I figger it's separated, but I put my rub in a big foodsaver bag and shake the wings in it. Put the wings on a baking tray on a rack and save whatever rub is in there. An hour later I put cornstarch in the bag and do the wings again. Cook them raised direct at 375* or 400*. After half an hour look at them and if any starch is showing spray with Pam or olive oil

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited October 2013
    @little steven i mean the small wings u get at a tavern, bar.hooters!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    You will need the cornstarch to get them dry/crispy given the time constraints-here's a great recipe/link; check it out- http://www.nibblemethis.com/2009/06/30-20-10-smoked-hot-wings.html  Regardless-wings are so easy on the BGE.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    daffy1909 said:

Hooters? Is that like a bar for owls or something?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RaymontRaymont Posts: 314
    Do you have thermopen? I have found that they are better cooked to higher temp and give crispy skip. I'd go with internal of 180. I really like garlic pepper wings. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

·
    Doin roasted red pepper, cajun, and mild!
    ·

daffy1909 said:

Hooters? Is that like a bar for owls or something?

No more like pigs!!!!!never been there myself just heard stories!!! :D
    ·