Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What do you do for a living?

Comments

• Train jockey for the big yellow

XLBGE If I am not smoking I am working

• Physician assistant in emergency medicine living the dream in Louisville, KY.    
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    edited October 2013
    Mechanical engineer working 35 years for Pratt & Whitney and now Aerojet Rocketdyne building and testing jet and rocket engines. The BGE is a static ceramic no-thrust combustion chamber with convective and radiative heat transfer modes that burns on the fuel rich side of stochiometric with options for open or closed loop control!
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    In plain english it's one heck of a grilling machine.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,408
    Mechanical engineer working 35 years for Pratt & Whitney and now Aerojet Rocketdyne building and testing jet and rocket engines. The BGE is a static ceramic no-thrust combustion chamber with convective and radiative heat transfer modes that burns on the fuel rich side of stochiometric with options for open or closed loop control!
    So you can be our in-house rocket scientist?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,465
    So you can be our in-house rocket scientist?
    I thought that was NOLA. Did you guys fire him??

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

Nola is more like, I don't know, Omnipotent

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,465
    Nola is more like, I don't know, Omnipotent
    Is that like a real impotent person ??? :-O

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

Sort of...and I don't mean to say Nola is impotent either...that's between him and his urologist

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,565
    Nola isn't impotent. Just too much Evan Williams. That and equinophilia.
    I think it's too much Quadrophenia.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,565

I think it's too much Quadrophenia.

Who?
    ;)
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,486

What programs are you working on- we supply you some heat ablative for the throat, nose caps and exit cones for solid fueled rocket nozzles
    Greensboro, NC
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 2,065

Chief Dinner Officer for SWMBO
    Suwanee, GA
    UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! 
  • SGHSGH Posts: 15,620
    EXXON/MOBIL/ESSO
    Subsea mainline inspector for the Gulf of Mexico deep water division and formerly the North Sea deep water division.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
  • antonanton Posts: 1,658
    Project Manager, Estimator, and Service tech for a General contractor, we specialize in the Financial industry,(banks), and Starbucks and other retailers.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • g37g37 Posts: 196
    I'm a police officer in Honolulu Hawaii.
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,886
    @g37 "Book Em Danno" I am sorry. I had to do it. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • I make other people rich in the commercial real estate business...
    Hahaha.
    Hahaha.
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,256
    Pre-Sales Networking Consulting Solution Architect focused on Data Center and SDN.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
  • Retired funeral home owner...last ones to let you down....as my grandad use to say.
  • MonaartsMonaarts Posts: 191

Software Consultant

• Outside Sales for stair and millwork company in Atlanta.
    Jim -
    Cumming, GA
  • PhatchrisPhatchris Posts: 985
    Train driver
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,131

I am a Comedy Magician & Hypnotist and have performed over 5000 shows, I perform at Resorts on Cruise Ships at Colleges and mainly for Corporate Events, I was a resident Magician & Hypnotist for Play Boy Clubs Int. for 5 years and still do around 150/200 dates a year World Wide. I have performed 3 times at the Memphis in May BBQ Championships and it's where I became familiar with the BGE, I have a XL and my family and I love the food that comes off it.

Chuck King

Dimondale, Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,886
    @Grillmagic do you have an agent or do you do your own bookings?
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563
    edited October 2014
    Ok... so who makes more than 100 grand a year on this site that's all we really wanta know right???

Forward all yer T4's to me asap...lol
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,131

Hi John I have not had a manager for 10 years and now work for several agents and agency's  through out the Country.